Entertainment

Mohbad autopsy results will be released soon – Medical Doctor reveals date

The Lagos State DNA and Forensic Center’s director, Dr. Richard Somiari, has made a hint regarding when the first set of Mohbad’s autopsy results will be made public. The medical doctor stated that the autopsy performed on the late singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, commonly known as Mohbad, will likely be completed within the next three to four weeks. Dr. Richard Somiari hinted at this development while providing testimony during a coroner’s inquest into the death of the singer on Wednesday.

The witness underwent cross-examination by the defense counsel during the inquest. Recall that Mohbad died on September 12, 2023, at the age of 27 years. His death sparked controversies nationwide and internationally, leading the Lagos State Government to initiate a coroner’s inquest.

The proceedings commenced on October 13, 2023, and are being held at the Ikorodu Magistrates’ Court. Somiari told the Coroner, Magistrate Adedayo Shotobi; “We are expected to get the first set of autopsy results in three to four weeks and re-confirm to authenticate the cause of the death.

“We searched for multiple possibilities, to check if poison was involved in the death of Mohbad since no actual cause was mentioned.”The forensic expert assured the public of adequate security and monitoring of samples for the autopsy. He said:

“We have a place where items are stored for safety and security of results. There is a procedure for monitoring samples moved abroad.”

In the midst of this, the Lagos State Police Command has refuted claims suggesting that Afro singer, Ibrahim Owodunni, known as Primeboy, was rearrested in connection with the passing of his friend and fellow artist, Ilerioluwa Aloba, widely recognized as Mohbad.

Primeboy, who had previously been apprehended amid the controversy surrounding Mohbad’s demise several months ago, has been consistently cooperating with the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) throughout the investigation, making weekly visits.

An erroneous report circulated on Tuesday alleging his re-arrest and subsequent detention by the Lagos Police Command during his Tuesday visit. However, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, debunked the report on Wednesday, categorizing it as false.

Sources: Infotrend.com.ng